1 1/2 pounds ground beef/lamb/pork (or mixed)
3/4 cup lager/beer, stirred with 1 tbsp honey
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp Worcesterhire sauce
1/4 tsp black pepper
3 tbsps mayonnaise
3 tbsps ketchup
1/2 tsp yellow mustard
lettuce, cucumber slices, tomato slices, onion slices, gherkins, sliced cheddar cheese
- Combine ground meat, 1/4 cup lager, Parmesan, Worcestershire sauce and pepper in a large bowl. Mix lightly. Shape into 4 or 5 patties.
- Combine 1 tbsp lager, mayonnaise, ketchup and mustard in a small bowl; set aside.
- Grill patties over medium high heat, a few minutes on each side. Turn and brush with some of the remaining lager. Repeat turning and brushing over grill and cook to desired doneness.
- Place a slice of cheddar cheese on top a pattie and grill an extra 30 seconds until the cheese melts a little.
- Assemble the burger with the pattie, lettuce, tomato, onion, gherkin etc (whatever you like) and topped with the sauce (no. 2). Add other sauces like BBQ, sweet onion etc if you like.
- Bite in & enjoy!!